THIS LOL THIS LOL THIS. omg.
OMG I love Pokemon! THIS WAS BEYOND AMAZING o_o
Since I will probably be majoring in philosophy… so I’m probably going end up asking “why do you want fries with that?” lol.
I am sometimes so amazed with the posts people I follow post on my dashboard that I go to their profile to follow them then I realize the reason I even see these posts on my dash is because I already follow them. Lol. May Allah (swt) Guide Us All!
You Know Your Muslim When…
- You have an endless supply of dates, prayer beads, and prayer rugs.
- You arrive one or two hours late to an event and think it’s normal.
- You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone’s house.
- When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover you’re talking to a distant cousin.
- Your mother has a minor disagreement with her (or your dad’s) sister and doesn’t talk to her for ten years.
- Your parents want every detail from you about where you’re going before you leave the house.
- You have a curfew no matter how old you are.
- You minimize your MSN conversation when a family member walks past.
- Your mother does everything for you if you are male.
- You can spot a Muslim a mile away, and they spot you too—you can tell from the way the keep turning around and staring.
- Your relatives alone could populate a small city.
- Everyone is a family friend.
- Your middle name is your father’s first name.
- You have a difficult Arabic name so you come up with a cheesy Westernized version of it like “Sam,” “Mike,” or “Fred.”
- You have fifteen cousins named Mohammed.
- You still came back home to live with your parents after graduating.
- You know no one who has studied music.
- If you are a female in college, you are studying to be a teacher or doctor. If you are a male, you are studying engineering or business. If you deviate from either these careers, your family prays that you “come back to the right track.”
- You know someone who got married at the age of 16.
- Your parents are panicking if you aren’t married when you turn 25.
- You propose marriage for someone, and you are asked:
* do you have a green card?
* how much money do you earn?
* what village in your home country do you come from?
- You either really like Muslims of the opposite sex or you can’t stand them.
- The highlight of the social scene is either a wedding or a funeral.
- Your parents push the concept of an arranged marriage on you and try and demonstrate how well it works whenever they’re not fighting.
- You order food at your ethnic restaurant in your own language to impress the American people you’re with, but the waiters don’t understand you.
- You know someone who looks like ObL.
- You get really excited and call the whole family into the living room when there is a special on Muslims on TV.
- You always get randomly frisked at the airport.
- You get up from your seat on the airplane to use the restroom, and the guys seated next to you get that really worried look on their faces.
- You walk out of customs with your trolley at the airport and you see all twenty-five members of your family who have come to pick you up.
- You go back to your parents’ country and people treat you like a member of…the royal family.
- You have cousins you have never met, whose names you don’t know, but who insist they’re related to you, even though they bear no resemblance to anyone YOU know.
- There’s one person in you family whom you are not allowed to talk about, because they did something “wrong.”
- You call everyone older than you uncle or aunt, even if you have never met him or her before.
- You read the Qur’an before taking on any major task, like exams, or asking the boss for a raise.
- You notice that whenever you go to another Muslim’s house, your parents always talk about religion and politics.
- Every few months, your parents say they’re moving back to the home country.
- You hug people you hate after the Eid prayer.
- You visit a Muslim land and everybody thinks you are rich.
- Your mother cannot have company over without cooking a banquet.
- You talk on your cell-phone more than you talk face-to-face.
- You hug and kiss people you have never seen before in your life.
- You order a Fillet ‘O Fish at McDonald’s.
- You’re proud to be Muslim - and you pass these jokes on to all your Muslim friends!